BitDownToc comes with pre-defined profiles. The important options for each are:
- BitBucket Server → generate anchors
- GitLab → concat spaces, do not generate anchors
- GitHub → do not concat spaces, do not generate anchors
- dev.to → concat spaces, do not generate anchors, use
liquid tags for comments
- (hashnode) → concat spaces, do not generate anchors, anchors prefix
set to "heading-"
If your markdown renderer is not on the list, turn on generate anchors
to generate HTML elements such as
<a name="..."> at the top of each heading
to support navigation. This trick works anywhere, as long as HTML is supported.
Use the [TOC] marker to control where the TOC will appear.
Any header(s) above it won't be part of it.
BitDownToc adds comments by default, so you can update the TOC anytime with this tool.
BitDownToc is free, open-source, and without any trackers. It also works in the terminal!
To find out more, visit the project repository.
⇝ https://github.com/derlin/bitdowntoc ⇜
Don't hesitate to leave a 🌟 and share it with your friends! It is always appreciated ;)